Ironcore, a growing managed and hosted technology services company is looking for a senior engineer to join the team. This position will be responsible for the technical management and support of our managed/hosted customers and infrastructure.
Senior engineer duties and responsibilities:
- Assist customers with complex technical needs and planning.
- Create, document, and escalate issues and problems according to company standards.
- Monitor assigned tickets and tasks and provide service or escalation as necessary.
- Provide support for escalated help desk tickets.
- Provide desktop, server and network support.
- Deliver technical customer support over the phone and in person.
- Perform remote and onsite scheduled maintenance.
Qualifications and Skills
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012/2016.
- Microsoft Windows Active Directory Infrastructure.
- Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010/2013, Microsoft Office 365, and hosted Exchange.
- Basic understanding of networking, routers and firewalls.
- In-depth knowledge of workstation/server hardware and software troubleshooting abilities.
- General understanding of storage solutions.
- Knowledge and understanding of AD, DNS, DHCP, the Internet and mail flow.
- Strong written and excellent verbal communication skills.
- Pleasant and professional demeanour in all client and internal communications.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Intellectually resourceful with sound judgment and effective decision-making abilities.
- Independent worker and able to work effectively on daily tasks without direct supervision.
- Strong organization skills and ability to operate efficiently throughout daily tasks.
- Works well with clients at all levels, from executive to IT to end user.
Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree in Computer Science/related field or equivalent experience.
- MCP/MCSA/MCSE/MCTS/MCITP Certifications preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in supporting complex networks and/or providing technical support.